New Google Slides Features!
The most noteable is a new integrated backchannel/audience participation tool they're calling "Q&A". Now, when you're presenting using Google Slides, you can display a short URL that audience members can access and submit questions while you're presenting. Audience members can see everyone's questions and vote up the questions they also want to hear answered!
As the presenter, you're able to see the questions at any time and how many votes each has received.
- The ability to resume a Q&A session if you've exited & re-entered presentation mode, or start a new Q&A session.
- Audience members can continue asking questions if you exit presentation mode.
- You can stop accepting questions at any time with the click of a button.
- The presenter can access their speaker notes through the Q&A tool as well.
- Users can submit questions anonymously. If you have audience members who are shy, this is nice. However, students may choose to post inappropriate questions that all other users would be able to see...
- Users need to sign in to their Google accounts to submit questions. For students (or those without Google accounts) that can be a bummer.